Commercial and Residential Block Management in Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire and all across the UK
Letting and managing your block of flats will involve a lot of work, and although some freeholders/leaseholders may choose to manage the flats themselves, it is important to consider the time and effort this will take and whether you are willing to take on the responsibility of this building management.
Letting and managing residential blocks of flats is complicated and has different legal implications from private individual houses and therefore compliance of the statutory regulations that affect residential block management is essential.
By appointing Leicestershire and Nottinghamshire based Acorn Lettings, you will have the assurance that the quality of service you are provided is of the highest quality as we follow the government approved Service Charge management Code of Practice, which sets out best practice with regards to block management. Under this code, we, as the property's managing agent, are obliged to fulfil a number of duties which range from dealing with contractors and maintenance on the property to preparing agreements and dealing with service charge payments.
For more information on Acorn Lettings' role as a managing agent for a block of flats, please contact our block management team on Leicester 0116 221 1810 or Nottingham 0115 989 5424.
Just in case we missed anything, here are a few more block management letting services we offer...
- When managing a block of flats or apartments finding the right tenants to either rent or buy can be a long and slow process as there are many things that need to be taken into consideration before letting a flat. We at Acorn however will carry out accompanied viewings of your residential property, perform credit and identity checks on applicants, provide them with the necessary information and application forms and also obtain references.
- Rent collection...
- At Acorn we are able to provide our clients with a rent collection service. This is an especially popular service when it comes to block management as the number of tenants can be very high, we can aid our customers in collecting rent as well as helping with any tenants that may not be paying on time.
- As with any property, dilapidations and house problems may crop up, so when managing a block of flats or apartments these problems will be something you need to think about. Acorn can help by carrying out a survey of the property. As we are also qualified chartered surveyors we are able to offer customers a higher level of advice to make this process easier. We can also give guidance on possible solutions to remedy the problems found.
- Lease renewals...
- Here at Acorn we are equipped to help with upcoming lease renewals, using our knowledge and experience we are able to construct new lease terms with you and the tenant/s that occupy the building/flat/apartment. This information can then be passed over to your legal advisers.
- Regular site inspections...
- Acorn can carry out site inspections for your block, ensuring that the property is kept to the correct standards and that there are no problems structurally or otherwise.
- From general cleaning to day-to-day maintenance of your block, Acorn are able to help you with these services and remedy any problems that have occurred.
- Insurance ..
- Arranging insurance on a block management property can be a complicated process but Acorn can provide all the help and information you need to arrange for the appropriate insurance to be taken out on your building. Or if you prefer we can identify and arrange the insurance for you.
- Tenant disputes...
- When problems or changes occur tenants may not be happy with disruptions or alterations to their living arrangements. We can work to remedy these types of situations by liaising with legal representatives regarding issues, for instance lease renewals or noise complaints between tenants.